Many of the secondary schools that support us find the talks we give and fundraising activities fit perfectly into their Transition Year (TY) Programme, the CSPE (Civic, Social and Political Education) module, Physical Education (PE) class and school sports day.
Secondary school pupils can learn a lot from helping sick children and their families.
- Teaches them about medical conditions such as cancer, cardiac problems, cystic fibrosis and burns
- Helps develop skills in the areas of planning, marketing, PR and event management
- Promotes active citizenship and the concept of ’giving back’
- Encourages teamwork and helps create good team spirit
- It’s an opportunity for students to get creative, get active and have fun
We’re behind you all the way
As well as visiting your school to give a presentation, we can provide you with a fundraising pack filled with everything you need, including ‘thank you’ certificates for all who participate. We offer you valuable fundraising advice and support.
Top 5 fundraising ideas
- Collaborate with other schools in the community.
Work with other local schools to organise a sponsored event like a ‘‘Wellie Race’ or ‘High Heel Race’, hugely successful events that took place in Thurles and Ballina.
- Colours Day/ No Uniform Days.
6 Limerick schools came together for a joint ‘Colours Day’ in their schools, with students donating €2 each to raise money to help improve facilities for sick teenagers in Crumlin.
- Spooky Smiles for Crumlin Halloween Event.
Teachers and students pay to dress up in their favourite Halloween costume or organise an Halloween fundraising event.
- Superhero Sports Day.
Here’s an idea that makes school sports day even more fun! Students pay or collect sponsorship to dress up and compete in favourite their superhero costume.
- Gaisce Award.
Organise a school fundraising event as part of your Gaisce Awards programme.
Or why not create your own fundraising event?
For more information, or to book a visit to your school, please contact Rachel on lo-call 1890 507 508 or e-mail email@example.com