Join us for some fun in the Liffey.
The Liffey Odyssey is an 8 kilometre paddle flotilla on the River Liffey through the heart of Dublin from Islandbridge to the East Link Bridge. It is being run as a fundraiser for CMRF Crumlin. The event is generously supported by Dublin Port Company and I-Canoe.
- Sunday 19th May
- Start : 12 noon
- Duration : 2 Hours
It is open to the general public subject to the following conditions:
- Be able to swim.
- Be of Canoeing Ireland Level 2 Skills standard.
- Be over 10 years of age (children under 16 years must be accompanied on the water by a competent parent or adult guardian).
- Participants must provide their own craft and required safety gear such as an approved PFD, canoe helmet, suitable footwear and clothing.
- All children under 18 years must have signed parental/guardian consent to take part in the event.
- All participants need to be in relatively good physical and medical condition in order to participate in this event.
- Open Canoes are the preferred craft however it is open to other craft that use a paddle such as Kayaks, Sit-on-Tops, Stand –Up- Paddle Boards , Dragon Boats and Rafts.
- You must sign up here to take part in the event.
As the Liffey Odyssey is primarily intended to be a fun day out for paddlers whilst raising much needed funds for Crumlin Children’s Hospital Fancy Dress is encouraged and there will be prizes for best fancy dress efforts. This theme for 2019 is Vikings - however participants are free to choose their own individual theme.
A minimum donation is expected from each participant (€10 for adults . €5 for each child). All contributions will go to CMRF Crumlin for Children's Cancer Suport Centre.
For further queries please email the Event Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.