CMRF Crumin provides vital funding for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and The National Children's Research Centre. When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care available. It’s ours too. At the core of CMRF Crumlin is a desire to help every sick child to give them the best possible chance to survive, thrive and live to their potential. We’re focused in supporting small miracles everyday by funding cutting edge research, new wards and upgrades together with patient experience through our Giggle Fund. At CMRF Crumlin our team has one simple mission - helping kids and their families.
With that in mind we wish to recruit for the following positions:
Donor Care Executive-Maternity Leave Contract
About the Organisation
CMRF Crumlin provides vital funding for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and The National Children's Research Centre. When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care available. It’s ours too. At the core of CMRF Crumlin is a desire to help every sick child to give them the best possible chance to survive, thrive and live to their potential. We’re focused on supporting small victories every day, saving tiny lives, and improving patient experience. At CMRF Crumlin our team has one simple mission – enabling the best outcomes for kids and their families.
The Donor Care Executive will provide significant administrative support to Individual Giving team and the wider fundraising team helping to implement a successful and growing donor retention and development strategy. As a key member of the fundraising team, the Donor Care Executive will report directly to the Head of Individual Giving and will play an important part in retaining, upgrading and reactivating CMRF Crumlin supporters.
- You will be responsible for building strong relationships with our donors and ensuring that the best level of supporter care is provided.
- Help administer and expand our donor retention and reactivation programmes to build and champion donor care communication.
- Responding promptly to supporter queries via email, phone and letter.
- Positive management of donor inquiries, complaints and requests for more information.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure all donations are recorded correctly on the database.
- Handling donor communications including welcome packs, emails and telephone calls.
- Proactively support the ongoing outreach to donors across various channels to ensure we engage, retain and maximise support from them for the causes we fund.
- Ensure we are achieving our goal of acknowledging and thanking each and every donor every time
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date supporter records on Raisers Edge.
- Import and export data consistently and accurately from donor records and other sources.
- Maintain data integrity, ensuring data is good quality and will allow us to communicate with our donors effectively.
- Develop targeted searching and reporting to accurately manage donor communication journeys.
- Support the wider team by cleaning, and developing supporter records.
- Support the database analyst with ongoing tasks and duties to help ensure our files are up to date, and follow the best practice data protection guidelines.
- Have excellent communications skills and be a persuasive and responsive communicator.
- Practical and people orientated with good customer service skills.
- Strong CRM database skills with experience of using data analysis to monitor and manage campaign performance.
- Have a genuine interest in how the organisation is run and draw on personal experience.
- Flexibility: Demonstrable experience of structuring workload and handling multiple campaigns.
- Diligent, highly organised with close attention to detail.
- Ideally, hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of the not for profit / charity sector.
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and an exceptional work ethic.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 20th of October 2017. This is a fixed term role to cover a period of maternity leave (approx. 9 months).
CMRF Crumlin is an equal opportunities employer
Head of Communications
About the Organisation
CMRF Crumlin raises vital funding for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and The National Children's Research Centre. When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care available. It’s ours too. At CMRF and Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, our team has one simple mission – helping sick children and their families. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Head of Communications to join our team.
The Head of Communications will direct, plan, and oversee the development of communications programs for the CMRF. Responsibilities will include public relations, corporate affairs, brand creative editorial and design services. Working as part of the management team to ensure publications, announcements, speeches, and content are consistent with the CMRF goals and communications strategy. He/she will oversee the writing, preparation and/or delivery of information from or about the organisation. They will manage the media interface, writing major press releases, planning and organising media coverage for major events, and responding to requests on issues of a sensitive or controversial nature. This will also involve the supervision of other communications and content staff and development and management of the communications budget, managing inhouse and external agencies.
As Head of Communications, you will help the CMRF to enhance its reach and reputation at a crucial time of change for children’s health research and service provision. Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Director of Fundraising, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of communications strategies designed to promote and protect CMRF’s brand, increasing its awareness and reputation on a local, national and global scale with media, influencers and other key stakeholders who are central to advancing the organisation’s strategic goals. You will also be responsible for the production of and coordination of key content, collateral, photography, cases and approvals for use in a wide context.
- Develop an overarching communications strategy to expand CMRF’s reach and relevance in the public sphere, and raising awareness and engagement with research and other children’s health programmes supported by the organisation
- Develop research and insight into brand, donor and public perception and willingness to support children’s health and use this to drive strategy and align communications and marketing plans to research and fundraising priorities for the organisation
- Partner with Fundraising colleagues to ensure that all thought leadership and communications activities and related content are leveraged for recruitment of supporters, volunteers and crucially donors
- Develop related communications strategies and tactics, including earned media relations, events, content platforms, email marketing and social campaigns, that advance and drive engagement with a broad informed audience, including the public, corporate, donors and influencers
- Develop a strong ambassadorial programme with celebrity, online influencers and local and patient ambassadors who can support the strategy
- Develop PR plans, encompassing media relations, social media, hosted events and external events, as appropriate
Content and media relations
- Lead and manage CMRF content and media relations function in support of brand development and fundraising
- Oversee and manage dynamic digital storytelling including video, infographics, web articles that showcase the work and impact of our donors and partners for children
- Direct the overall editorial calendar planning process for the website, social media and other communications channels in collaboration with team colleagues
- Cultivate existing and develop new relationships with the press, connecting the CEO, fundraising and researchers and hospital key staff to relevant earned media opportunities, to drive brand awareness and increase share of voice
- Serve as a media spokesperson for CMRF in responding to press requests
- Draft press releases, talking points, op-eds, and other materials specifically designed for media outreach
- Coordinate annual announcements and research releases including annual report, key research findings, and thought leadership opportunities
- Facilitate media training and provide coaching to key staff and partners on media interviews and op-ed writing
- Define and track metrics to assess the impact of CMRF media function
- Develop messaging and tools to facilitate influencer outreach and engagement, both online and offline
- Identify new ways to use social media to identify, cultivate, and engage influencers, working closely with the marketing intern and team and other social ambassadors who act on behalf of the organisation
- Identify, engage and manage external vendors, and partners, including PR agencies and freelancers, to assist in the execution of programming
- Manage and develop communications staff to effectively and efficiently achieve communications' objectives
- Manage budget for communications, including online and social media, providing monthly updates to track the progress and impact of these efforts
- Identify case-studies for profiling in the media and manage process from briefing to media consent to set up of interview to de-briefing and sharing of media coverage
Coordinate development of online communication channels
- Manage the external providers of web and online supports, including web agency, digital marketing supports, social media resources in house and external
- Plan develop and implement key design and/or functionality changes required to the website to ensure the website meets its organisational goals of engagement, lead generation and donations
- Key influencer of the CMRF brand
- Provide support and guidelines, photography and central messaging that helps fundraisers and marketers to carry out their multi-channel fundraising
- Ensure all brand collateral at building, online and hospital are maintained to highest brand standards and refreshed regularly in line with fundraising, marketing and brand calendar
- Develop key corporate publications including annual report, website content, programme specific publications, DVD’s, information leaflets etc as required.
- Ensure that all publications adhere to communications strategy and branding standards
- A strategic thinker with proven capability in a similar role on the scale of the CMRF
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a communications role with strong media relationships
- Highly developed project management and relationship building skills
- Champion collaborative working and demonstrate and ability to drive performance
- Experience of multi-channel communications strategies including digital channels
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of supplier management
- Strong analytical, planning and budgeting skills with a focus on return on investment
- Flexibility: Demonstrable experience of structuring workload and conflicting demands comfortably managing the multiple dimensions of the role
- Diligent, highly organised with close attention to detail
- Ability to leverage small budgets to generate engagement and awareness and sales
- Data driven and target oriented
- Hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Working knowledge of the not for profit / charity sector
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and an exceptional work ethic
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by Monday 30th October 2017